Burpees are a marmite exercise – some love them, others hate them.
Here’s 5 facts about burpees which may convince you to give them a go:
- They’re an intense, full body exercise which can help you burn extra calories
- They require no equipment – you can do burpees at your local gym, in your living room or at your local park.
- They’re great for general conditioning – they get your heart rate up fast!
- You can add them to almost any workout.
- They’re a full body strength exercise working your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings and abs.
Try adding a set to your workout, building up to 3 x 10.
If you’re after an extra boost to your exercise programme, try the 30-day burpee challenge: